Sunday, December 5, 2010

Buttons & Scripting

It works! Except it won't export to QuickTime, so here is the link to the swf file on the server.

And now my answers:
a) the tutorials haven't contributed; I am not able to watch them without going to the lab so it's a computer upgrade for me next term...

b) the process I used to complete this project was building, testing, rebuilding, retesting... it took me a few tries to understand that I could layer button parts while designing the button states. I think I confused myself too with making pieces into symbols before building the button...which turned out to be unnecessary.

Script to paste for the action was a huge help, provided you remember to name your instances!

I would like to make the ball being thrown interactive, an action triggered by clicking on the thought balloon by the dog's head. Can anyone tell me how? The balloon is a bubble with all four states created, but I don't know how to link them with a action scripting, or how to hold the ball throw in reserve until it is triggered by clicking on the thought balloon button.

Thanks for your help and your patience all.
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment