Sunday, October 3, 2010

PS - Project 1


a. I used Merge Drawing for the head and body of the big doll. I used Object Drawing for the face details and decorations. I used the Primitive option for the base of the doll and then later converted it. I needed the Object option for the detailed items so that I could move them around and make adjustments as needed. For the doll frame, using the Merge option was fine because the element did not need adjustments after being merged. Object mode is my preferred mode for shapes because it allows for a lot of flexibility.

b. I used the pen (subselection) tool for a lot of "fixes" for any curves that needed tweaking, but I also used the pen tool exclusively for the big doll's lips.

c. For the text, I picked a font I liked and then added a glow.

d. My main gradient object was the big doll's hair. I created a linear gradient to try to mimic shades of hair color. I used combinations of the following colors: 663300, CC9966, CC9933, and FFFFCC. I adjusted the gradient view on each doll to change the hair color a bit so that the smaller dolls would appear less detailed.

e. I created the line transitions between the main doll body and the doll base using the pencil tool. I used a basic setting to create a straight line with round ends.

f. The dolls are very busy, so I just used the Spray tool to apply a light amount of texture to the background.

g. I used the transform tool primarily to resize items and rotate items. Two specific examples: 1) I built the big doll first and then grouped all items to copy and reduce the size to create the other two dolls. I then made individual adjustments on each of the smaller dolls. 2) I used the rotate option to turn the decorative flowers in various directions.


This project was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment