Thursday, October 7, 2010

Project 2 David Peterson

Questions answered

Creation process
When I first started creating this picture I began with the brick wall of the Humpty Dumpty is sitting on. I started out with a blank red square then I added the lines to give it a brick wall effect.
After this I created a Humpty Dumpty with a oval shape tool but I made sure to add him onto a separate layer this way he will not conflict with the brick wall. I then created his arms legs and hat with the square tool and used a merge affect on all of them. After this I then used the grouping selection button on him to come see his hat arms eyes everything that he is combined of and created him as a single grouped image I then created the background using the paint brush tool the detail tool and the oval primitive tool the tree I used the line tool in the paint brush tool. I made sure the background, the tree, Humpty, and the brick wall were all on separate layers as I created them. Then I created a mask layer using the pen tool and created a upside down trapezoid shape and put it over Humpty Dumpty then moved all the layers underneath the mask thus masking part of the background and giving the final image.

Part 1

1.)

B)i) humpty's entire body is grouped together as a solid object.

B.)ii) this serves to create the image of Humpty Dumpty's body instead of it falling apart when grabbed by the selection tool on a specific piece.

2.)

C)i) started with a full Moon but decided in making an eclipse looking moon so it would have a nicer effect. My original intention was to create the night sky with a full moon.

H)i) I selected the final order because it accomplished the picture I was attempting to create and that picture was Humpty Dumpty on all wall with the night sky in the background.

Part 2)

1)

A) use layers, folders, and names for each to help manage complex images and layers. Also the use merge tools to build the foundations of your image then use object tools to create additional images on top of your building blocks. This way you will avoid sectioning your image.

Sectioning, accidental overlapping, destroying previously made images.

B) by using merge tools to build my foundation then using object tools to add on to my foundation. Then I will use layers folders names and other organization methods.

c) I have found this experience to be strange,complex, but informing I am still learning about the mask and how to use it but I feel I have learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment